Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Product Review Daily Burn (Not Yet 30 Days) First of many reviews


Product: Daily Burn

  Daily Burn is redefining fitness with online workout videos, supplements, nutrition & coaching. Streaming at home & on the go. Start your 100% free trial now

Stars: 5 out of 5

Review:
I am not a fitness nut.  Just wanted to get that out of the way.  I will go to the gym if I have a membership but that means I would have to go to the gym and sign up.  Which is scary because all those people walking around with amazing bodies NOT to mention those fitness classes where everyone looks like they were born to move.  I always look like the crazy person in the corner trying so hard to look like I know what I am doing when in fact I was once asked if I was having a fit. Nope just trying hard to do burpees. 

 Also my kids hate I mean HATE the daycare. I have no idea why but they hate going in.  Within 15 mins of starting my elliptical or the class I would be called away to calm down my kids.

Seriously I wanted to be in the daycare it looks like so much fun! Enough said the gym and I were not compatible and than I had three more kids so the gym was only a daydream.
The 50-100$ a month cost had to go to shoes, clothing, diapers. Endless diaper.

I decided to save money and buy DVDs.  I found a couple I liked but soon I found myself getting bored and the workout were no longer challenging. I found that I was buying a new program a year that would range from 50-100$ every 6 months.

Than baby number 4 arrived and my life was too busy to workout let alone sleep. 

Wednesday July 20th I realized I would have 3 kids at school. My youngest is 3 years old and we have quite time every day for two hours.  I thought what am I going to do? 

I did my research and found Daily Burn which is free for 30 days. It has 19 different programs (Each program has 5-10 different workouts) which follow each fitness instructor for a week straight.  Each program has Meal Plan, advice from the fitness instructors as well as Life articles to help you reach your goal.  You are able to record your weight as well as daily challenges. (Plank, Sit ups, Push Ups, Burpees and more.)

The site gives you Nutrition area where it will give you a sample meal plan to follow as well as recipes to create your own meal plan or you can follow their plan they give you each week with your program of your choice. (Example Below)

What do I think?
If you are a self motivator this is great!  It has everything you need to start your healthy lifestyle all from home but you have to be willing to start and not quit or use excuess.
I am doing the Cardio Sculpt. Oh my gosh the first day my legs were jello and the following morning I could hardly move.  Sitting down, going up the stairs, just about anything that required movement I though I would never be able to sit without wincing in pain. Muscle pain but pain none the less. Every morning I wake up at 6am ready to Sculpt but I found that they had morning workouts live too.  I am stucking with my 13 week program which I am still working though.  
Each fitness route has three different levels for those of us who haven't worked out in a few (Cough Cough) years. I started out on the easy level and I am working my way into the harder positions. 

The daily challenges are fun because you can watch how you progress.  Example I went from two push up to 10 push ups. That might sound funny to you but I have never been able to do push ups due to a childhood injury. 

I love being able to do it from home and no one can see me "having a fit" no one is laughing at me but myself as I try to kick during the kick boxing session. Oh my gosh it was too funny. Even I laughed as I sweated out a gallon of water.

You have to be a self starter I can't tell you enough.  If you want to lose the weight, or tone muscle you need to follow the program as well as be a self starter.  

Unless something changes I plan to keep with the 13 week program and add a few other episodes or programs or classes however you want to look at it into the 13 week program. (Abs I haven't seen those ever in my life but lets see how it goes.)

Sample meal plan

  • Breakfast (7 am): Egg Burrito: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites + ¼ c black beans + 2 tbsp salsa + ¼ chopped avocado + 1 corn tortilla
  • Snack (10 am): ½ apple (sliced) + 10 almonds
  • Lunch (12:45 pm): turkey pita sandwich: 3 ounces of turkey + ¼ chopped avocado + romaine and spinach leaves + onions + tomatoes + ½ whole wheat pita + ½ red pepper (strips)
  • Snack (3:30 pm): 1 low-fat string cheese + 1 cup strawberries
  • Dinner (6:30 pm): Sauté 4 ounces of chicken breast + 1 tsp olive oil + chopped carrots, snow peas, diced red pepper, chopped yellow onion + 1 cup brown basmati rice

 They do sell their own products and some of the fitness coaches do push the products but you can buy them anywhere.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.