Monday, September 26, 2016

Late Posting. My 99 year Old Grandma Passed Away

Yesterday my dad sent a message telling me Gonnie my Grandmother passed away.
I have to admit I was a little happy to hear the news.  As crazy as it sounds.

She was 99 year old a few shorts months of making her 100th birthday.
She lost her twin sister several years ago who was the only person next to her sons she wanted to spend that day with.

I would love to say I have tons of amazing stories but being one of the younger grandchildren I didn't know her as well.  What I knew about her was she respected my husband and thought the world of him and she she only had maybe a few hours with him at my wedding.  To this day neither one of us know what he did to gain her respect.

She jumped from a tree on to a trampoline at 75. High Rope Challenge at 80, she made doll clothes for me every Christmas. She taught me her secret gravy recipe by pulling a jar out of the cupboard.  She hated money being wasted. Every Christmas she would send me money and tell me to spend it on myself than expect a thank you card with what I bought thanking her. She hated that I saved that money and never bought one thing.  A few years ago I wrote her a letter thanking her for my new black high heels.  She called me telling me than I had better buy a dress to go with those shoes because I spent all that money on shoes they had better be gold plated.

She was very serious and her twin sister was all about fun.  They were night and day.  The one thing I knew was my Gonnie loved me in her very own way. She came to visit to watch my sister, brother and I preform in a play.  She laughed as my brother gave her a big hug getting stage makeup all over her.
She talked when something needed to be said. She loved her in silence manner.

I am happy she is reunited with her twin sister whom she loved, adored and wanted to spend her 100th birthday with more than anyone else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer for all reviews sent by the publisher, publicist or author for review.

THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) ISSUED NEW RULES THAT WENT INTO EFFECT ON DECEMBER 1, 2009. THESE RULES STATE THAT PRODUCT REVIEWERS ON BLOGS MUST DISCLOSE WHETHER THEY RECEIVED REVIEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE OR RECEIVED MONETARY PAYMENT FOR SUCH REVIEWS. PAYMENT IS NEVER ACCEPTED IN EXCHANGE FOR A REVIEW OR BOOK MENTION UNLESS NOTED IN THE POST. THE RECEIPT OF ARCS OR FREE REVIEW COPIES IN NO WAY INFLUENCES OR HAS AN IMPACT ON THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THE BOOK REVIEWS POSTED ON THIS SITE.